Founded in 1968 by Majestic Realty Co., Commerce Construction has designed and constructed more than 85 million square feet of commercial, industrial, warehouse and distribution, retail, institutional, hospitality, casino and recreational facilities.
Commerce’s multidisciplined team of professionals provides turnkey design-build services to meet the challenges of a constantly changing marketplace. Services include owner representation, program management, construction management services and general contracting.
The Commerce team represents years of experience in the fields of architecture, engineering, owner representation, contract administration, and construction management. Commerce provides services for outside clients as well as for Majestic Realty Co. developments. Consistently delivering projects on time and within budget leads to a high repeat factor with our clientele.
Commerce Construction Co., L.P.’s mission is to construct our projects driven by the pillars of Integrity, Experience, Quality, and Service.
- We will conduct ourselves with the highest degree of Integrity in order to develop and maintain a relationship of “trust” with each of our Clients.
- We will capitalize on our Experience in order to construct our projects within our Clients’ budget and on or ahead of schedule.
- We will make decisions based on the best interest of our Clients (both in the office and on the jobsite) so that our work product is recognized in the industry as being of high “Quality”.
- We will be driven by a work ethic exemplified by “Service” to our Clients resulting in projects that are characterized by a high level of professionalism and efficiency.
As our conduct is based on these four pillars, our mission will be to protect our relationships with our Clients as being their “Preferred Builder”.
About Commerce Construction Co
- Project Programming
- Conceptual Design
- Project Management
- General Contracting
- Thematic Interiors/Exteriors
- Tenant Improvements
- Space Planning
- Owner’s Representative
- Contract Administration
- Construction Management
With selecting the Design-Build delivery method, the responsibility for the project design and construction, including cost control, quality control and scheduling, is borne by a single company. The principal cost and schedule advantages include the following:
- “Value engineering” from the inception of the project, optimizing value, getting the “Best bang for your buck”
- “Fast track” overlapping of the design, permitting and construction activities to reduce the total time to occupancy.
- Early guarantee of price
- Possibility of early financing commitments
- Early identification, specification, and order of long lead time, critical path items.
The Design-Build process provides numerous advantages to the Owner:
- A “Team Approach” that eliminates competing goals and conflicts – eliminates designing without consideration of budget – “Everyone is on the same page”
- Reduces administrative burden for the Owner
- Design-Builder with an “Owner’s Perspective” and a “Build and Keep” mentality
- A True design-build team with the Architect and Contractor under the same roof
Additional advantages with Commerce Construction:
- Eliminates duplication of effort
- Removes Owner from role of referee between Architect and Contractor
- Transfers risk from the Owner to the Design-Builder
With respect to our building portfolio, we use countless sustainable strategies, including:
- Working with clients on lighting and HVAC
- Installing solatubes to increase natural day lighting
- Recycling programs
- Building ENERGY STAR-rated buildings
- Using reclaimed water for irrigation when available
- Decreasing water usage by removing lawns and irrigation infrastructure
- Using non-VOC paints and sealers
- Project Financial Reporting/Variance Analysis
- Utilizing “clean-technology” such as solar photovoltaics
Commerce Construction and Majestic Realty have a continually evolving expertise in green building and environmentally responsible design. Our sustainability focused team, which includes many LEED Accredited Professionals, has constructed a variety of LEED and Green Globes certified buildings. What sets us apart is our commitment to a fully integrated approach. Not only do we have the capability to build green, but also our entire corporate philosophy encourages sustainable practices. From consulting and lobbying for efficient infrastructure and transportation routes, to cutting-edge property management and maintenance techniques, to working with green material suppliers, our companies wholly embrace a sustainable business model.
We also provide expertise to a variety of public and private entities who deal with sustainable initiatives. For example, we have co-chaired a sustainable development committee for the Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP), and organized green building seminars. Additionally, we have consulted with the City of Los Angeles on green building and sustainable design policies.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a voluntary, consensus-based, market¬-driven program developed by the U.S. Green Building Council that provides third-party verification of green buildings. Participation in the LEED process demonstrates leadership, innovation, environmental stewardship and social responsibility. The system defines and quantifies how “green” a building has to be in order to reach a certain level of certification – silver, gold and platinum levels. We employ several LEED-Accredited Developers (LAD), architects and property management staff – a testament to our level of expertise and commitment to these important elements in today’s marketplace. We are extremely proud that each area of our business has a profound understanding of and appreciation for incorporating green design strategies and the LEED rating system.
With LEED experience in new construction, commercial interiors and existing buildings, we are currently evaluating several LEED projects throughout the United States. We encourage all of our clients to examine the application of LEED to their spaces and to build LEED-certified buildings as the core and shell level whenever possible.